Wednesday, December 14, 2011

EOC Week 11: Evaluation


Overall, fundamentals of advertising has been my favorite class to come to. That sounds like I’m sucking up, but I’m just being honest. As of right now, this is the only class that completely corresponds with my major. Thankfully, I’ve had the opportunity to learn all about older advertising campaigns and what works and what doesn’t for them. Through this process, I feel that I have gained a better insight into what elements should be expected in a campaign. I obviously don’t have the skills necessary to enter and be successful in the advertising world today, but it is a world I would love to become a part of, and I know that the basic tools I have learned in this class will help me achieve this goal.

The professor, Frank Pinto, has made this experience even more enjoyable for me in that his teaching style is different from any that I’ve seen before. He’s harsh, at times, giving you his full opinion, and not sugar coating anything at all. This characteristic made me so frustrated at times, but helped me in the long run, allowing me to see what mistakes I was making with whatever project I was working on at the time.

As far as my progress in this class, I feel that I’ve come a long way from where I started. I am now able to identify different types of advertising techniques, and am better able to understand why things are done a certain way. After taking this class, I am now even more sure that this is an industry I want to be apart of. It may not be the most glamorous one, and I know there will be a lot of hard work along the way, but I’m willing to do it, and hope that with the knowledge I’ve gained, I will be as successful as some of the advertisers we’ve studied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment